Booking Through Thursday

btt2

Do you buy books while on vacation/holiday?

Do you have favourite bookstores that you only get to visit while away on a trip?

What/Where are they?

I have a notebook that I keep in the car, everywhere we travel I jot down notes about the various bookstores we stop at. Any information I think would come in handy I add (what they specialize in, if they have a website, etc.)

Even if a bookstore only had a few items I'm interested in, I will make sure to stop again next-time just in case.

In the last few years this notebook has become huge - listing shops from Halifax, Nova Scotia to Montreal, Quebec - which is our normal route at least once a year. I also keep track of many stores in the eastern states that we visit occasionally - Maine, Massachusetts, NY, NJ, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Connecticut.

I don't have any particular favourites because to me most bookstores change inventory so quickly, you never know what you'll find.



© 2008-2010 Joanne Mosher of The Book Zombie. All rights reserved.

8 comments:

Chrisbookarama said...

Is Reynolds in Sydney on your list? I love that smelly old place!

Kathleen Gilligan said...

Find any good stores in NJ? I find I'm surrounded by Borders and Barnes&Noble but nothing else. Lol.


Oh, and I've tagged you :
http://kbookreviews.wordpress.com/2008/07/17/book-club-classics-classics-meme/

Jeane said...

That's a wonderful idea, collecting notes on bookstores you visit. I used to collect business cards/bookmarks from them... I love the quote in your header!

Chrisbookarama said...

Nope, Reynolds is it now, other than the 2 Coles in the malls. There is a book section in the Value Village though.

There also used to be a used book place in St Peters but I think that's gone now.

SmilingSally said...

It's a great idea to keep notes on your travels.

Terri said...

Oh I like that idea! Especially the older I get and the fewer functioning memory cells I have!

jlshall said...

Me, too - I always carry a journal along on trips, to jot down notes. So if I find an interesting bookstore or restaurant, etc, I'll remember it the next time. And since we tend to travel to the same places a lot, it comes in very handy. With my shaky memory, I'd never be able to recall details without writing them down!

Joy said...

Hi Joanne! I wanted to formally welcome you to the A ~ Z Reading Challenge . . . WELCOME! :) I hope you have great reading as you fill in your lists. Glad you joined us.